One of my friends is known for his AMAZING guacamole. I was finally able to squeeze the recipe out of him. It is one of my favorite game day snacks. He swears that this recipe doesn’t leave anything out, but i’m not quite sure I believe him 😉 Either way this is a must try recipe!!!
- Ripe avocados (6 avocados can feed about 6 hungry fans)
- Salt and Pepper
Amount of each ingredient depends on your preference. Suggested amounts below. I tend to like extra cilantro for that added spice. A little extra lime adds a nice zing as well! Fan’s choice 🙂
- Dice and chop the garlic, tomato, cilantro and onion
- Scoop out the avocado (I suggest cutting directly down the center and wrap around the pit, causing the avocado to split in two and squeezing the avocado out of the skin into the bowl)
- Combine the ingredients (amount depending on your preference) using usually around 1 or 2 cloves of garlic, half a tomato, and a quarter to half of a regular sized red onion, and lightly applying the chopped cilantro
- Mash the ingredients together and stir
- After squeeze in the lime (from ½ to 1 full lime) and season with salt and pepper, stir again
This is a quick, easy and relatively cheap snack to enjoy while watching your team. My friend uses a granite mortar and pestle to mix and blend all of the ingredients. You can use a regular bowl if you’d rather. Let me know what you think! I’d love to hear what works best for you.